What are the appropriate next steps after you’ve interviewed for a new job? You can make it somewhat easier if you confirm what the next steps are before you leave the interview, during your final face to face.
Before you leave the interview:
- Let them know how much you have enjoyed meeting them.
- Say one or two things specifically you appreciated discussing during the interview.
- It is very appropriate at this time to ask “What are the next steps?”
- Make sure you have the names/business cards/titles of everyone in the interview.
- Confirm, even repeat back to them, when you should expect to hear next from them.