How would you like to leave your home each morning relaxed and as fully prepared as you can be for the day ahead? Yes, we all know that unexpected happens, but if you have a routine it will provide the confidence and calm to withstand almost anything that comes your way. It will give you the best chance of a day that flows as peacefully as possible.
1. Rise & Shine. Awaken before the sun rises so I can watch it fill the sky with beauty. Take slow deep breaths, express gratitude for the day ahead, my health, and my eyes which are able to take in the beauty before me.
2. (Optional) Oil Pulling. This is something I put in my routine about a year and a half ago. My teeth are whiter, gums have stopped receding and are healthier, sinuses are clearer and I’m staying very healthy. (Click on the photo to take you to my post on how to oil pull.)
3. Read. I read quite a few inspirational passages, a devotional, the newspaper, an online newspage, the weather forecast, and a few other items. Reading is preparation for topics to chat with someone I meet, small talk with others before a meeting begins, and just plain being knowledgeable about what’s going on around me and in the world.
4. Check In. I check personal emails, my blogs, and post in my Facebook group for my Apriori Beauty team.
5. Meditate. I meditate for about 10 minutes. Cup of coffee in hand, sipping, closing my eyes, quieting my brain, and thinking about some of the inspirational devotions I’ve read, and just listening to what God would like to say to me each morning. Again, breathing slow and deep, relaxed and calm.
6. Get dressed and ready to go!
No matter what the day holds, my routine gives me the best shot at starting off on the right foot. You and I know it can stay that way, improve or go downhill in a hurry, but knowing I leave my house in a great frame of mind, and as ready as I can be, helps me start off in a great way.
Now it’s your turn to share what your morning routine includes that helps you prepare for the day!