More often I’m reading about ultrasonic wave therapy used in skin care treatments, mostly as an anti-aging treatment. Turns out there are some excellent benefits from regular treatments with ultrasonic waves. Just what is it?
Ultrasound wave technology uses sound waves that are greater than the upper limit of human hearing. These waves generate approximately 5 million vibrations per second and generate heat that raises the skin temperature by 0.5 – 1.0°C, benefiting skin by:
- Opening pores to allow impurities to be removed
- Vibrations activate skin healing mechanisms and push nutrients deep into the skin
- Stimulating collagen and elastin production
- Increasing blood circulation and cleansing
- Encouraging healthy skin cell turnover
Where can you find it?
I use it 3 to 4 times a week in a beauty gadget that has 4 functions – galvanic / microcurrent, far infrared light, micromassage, and ultrasonic wave technologies. You can read more about all four functions together in my post “The Ultimate 10 Minute Face Lift.”
Held in the palm of your hand, it’s just a few minutes a day – great results over time if you use it regularly like I have for the past 5 1/2 years!