“Dress shabbily, they notice the dress. Dress impeccably, they notice the woman.” – Coco Chanel
What do you think? Does it all come down to dress?
I think dress is one of the ingredients to being noticed, but there is so much more.
My recipe includes:
1. Canvas ~ The health and appearance of your skin, facial features and how you enhance each is definitely the foundation of your appearance. Skin health begins on the inside. Many skin issues arise from lack of skin hygiene, inflammation, hormonal swings or unhealthy gastrointestinal tract as the root cause. Address these issues and you will most likely bring a healthy, vibrant glow to your skin.
2. Color ~ Selecting the colors that highlight your skin tones and hair shades goes a very long way to please to the eye of those seeing you all day. I believe color has an emotional effect on the wearer. When I wear a certain shade of pink and blue, the compliments come my way. I’ve had someone tell me that a particular shade of yellow was “not a good look” on me. I definitely feel lighter and happier in certain shades, and more glamorous in others.
3. Style ~ Most certainly garment style and how clothing hangs on your frame and figure creates your overall look. The way you dress, clothing and color selection, reflects an image to anyone who sees you. You want to find particular clothing cuts and design elements that enhance your good points and play down your flaws.
4. Posture ~ Your posture when you stand and sit, and body carriage when you walk, add to the impression of who you are. A little bounce in your step reflects a healthy energy and physical stamina. Moving inappropriately slow or awkwardly can send the message that you are not in good physical condition. You know how regular exercise makes you feel more coordinated and energetic? Just like that.
5. Demeanor ~ Poise, confidence, and a positive attitude are reflected in your facial expressions, speech and how you give your attention. A smile goes a very, very long way in reflecting approachability and openness. Develop the skill of listening and giving your full attention to those who are speaking, with focus and eye contact. When you see someone with a vibrant energy, it makes you notice them and want to be around them, doesn’t it?
I hope these ingredients help you put together an overall Fabulous image of YOU!
Thanks for stopping by!