Want to rev up your metabolism? Add 5 – 10 years to your life? Increase your metabolic rate and look fabulous?
Looking fabulous starts from within – the health of our body on the inside shows on the outside. The two most important reflections of our internal health are how our skin looks and our weight. Eating healthy, and making good choices to feed our body the right food “fuel” that keep our cells healthy and energized will give us fabulous, glowing skin!
Dr. Marc Siegal and Dr. David Samadi, the medical experts on Fox News Sunday House Calls, shared their excellent tips for improving your health and increasing your metabolism. I want to share my notes from their appearance with you:
Dr. Siegal’s Tips:
Rev’ving up your metabolism can help you shed pounds:
- Chew! Particularly fruits, vegetables and lean meats. Chewing requires greater energy expenditure.
- Warm up – metabolic processes are increased by eating chile peppers, dark chocolate and caffeine.
- Drink Cool water – Cool water will require the body to increase its metabolic rate by 30% to warm it up.
Dr. Samadi’s Alphabetical Tips will add 5 – 10 years to your life:
- Activity – Hit the gym at least three times a week.
- Breakfast – most important meal of the day – don’t skip it.
- Coffee – 2 – 4 cups per day.
- Diet – don’t starve yourself, eat foods that have good nutritional value.
- Early Sleep – 7 hours best – 8 hours optimal. Lack of sleep leads to stress and diseases associated with stress.
- Fiber – 3 servings per day of fruits and vegetables.
- Green Tea – high in antioxidants and increases metabolism.
- H20 = Water – 7 glasses of water a day, prevents hunger, clears metabolic wastes.
- Intake – of Organic foods and Protein – builds lean muscle.
Click Here to see “Foods that can Speed Up Metabolism and Help Shed Pounds” from February 19, 2012.
I think I’m short a couple of cups of coffee!!
Here’s a great metabolic boosting supplement I recommend:
Apriori Beauty’s Lifeoxy-LEAN – contains Green Tea, Cayenne Peppers along with other metabolic boosting ingredients for each of Thermogenic Complex, Digestive Complex, Detoxifier Complex, Glucose Tolerance Factor Complex, and Cellular Rejuvenation Complex.
Hey! They talked about Dark Chocolate – but I don’t see it in the Alphabet list!
Thanks for stopping by!