When I first heard of Mineral Powder Makeup, visions of Elizabeth Taylor in “Cleopatra” came to mind. She would have her servant girls go down to the Nile River and bring her the most beautiful colors from the riverbanks – or so I thought. Well, how else could she have so many beautiful colors to use for her “look”?
Mineral Powders are quite the trend right now, and with women looking for natural cosmetics, they are in high demand.
Ni’Kita Wilson, a cosmetic chemist at Englewood Lab in New Jersey says, “zinc oxide is FDA-approved as a skin protectant. “It has some anti-inflammatory properties, so you’ll see it in products like diaper-rash ointment,” she says. “Since mineral makeup contains a higher percentage of zinc oxide than traditional makeup, it can be useful in calming irritated skin.” (The Lowdown on Mineral Makeup)
Did you know that cosmetics have traditionally used opaque pigments to cover areas of imperfection? Because these pigments are opaque, they create a mask-like effect over skin.
APriori Beauty’s “Nothing to Hide” Mineral Skin Perfectors uses pigments that fluoresce light in the same wavelengths as young skin, helping restore natural luminosity. These pigments are transparent, rather than opaque, to help color correct without masking your complexion.
Pure, gentle minerals even out skin tone, and enhance natural radiance. They also defend skin from the effects of environmentally induced aging.
- Acetyl Glucosamine: skin brightener, moisturizer, provides connective tissue support.
- Alaria Esculenta Extract (Algae): antioxidant, skin conditioner, amino acid support.
- Petasites Japonica Root (Butterbur): anti-inflammatory, calms and soothes skin.
- Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry): antioxidant, anti-inflammatory.
- Tremella Fuciformis (mushroom): extraordinary moisturizer, cell hydrator, cell energizer.
I’ve been using these powders for about a month now, and it took me a couple of days to figure out that they were the reason my face was feeling even more silky smooth in the morning now!
Thanks for stopping by!