Your posture and body carriage create a presence. Tall or short, petite or grand, the way you hold yourself and move, send nonverbal messages about your confidence and self image. You physical presence enters a room providing the first impression of your persona before you even speak a word. What you say and what you have to say, add to that impression, taking only seconds for those in the room to size you up.
What does your posture say about you? How do you carry yourself? Wish you were invisible? Self conscious that anyone is even glancing your way?
That’s how I felt when at age 12, I was 5′ 9″ tall – head and shoulders taller than my classmates, and any boys for that matter! Feeling so awkward and clumsy, I just wanted to be invisible. Upon leaving puberty, I had an ‘aha’ moment. I realized that with my height there was no way I was ever going to avoid the staring eyes, so I decided I would give my best to the world. How freeing that moment was!
Your posture, how you carry yourself and how you move begin in your mind. How you think of yourself, see yourself, your body image, self confidence, mood and mindset all show in how you move.
Wouldn’t you love to have everyone in the room thinking “Who IS She?”
My tips for providing the world with a fabulous first impression:
- Close your eyes and think of how lucky you are to have your health, and the uniqueness that is you!
- Stand up straight and tall, shoulders back, and tuck in that tummy.
- Practice moving with confidence – no clomping or rushing.
- Focus your attention on those around you as you move towards them with a SMILE!
- You will immediately provide an excellent first impression and exude confidence and approach-ability.
- Enjoy each moment and the opportunity each day brings!
Here’s to your success and being Fabulous You!