Have any of you slept in flannel or fleece sheets? If so, how do you like them? What are the pros and cons of each? Sleep is so important to our health and beauty. It’s a big deal for me to be comfortable at night to help me drift off, and stay warm and cozy through the night to wake up refreshed and ready to meet each day.
What is Your Vision?
My mind quickly conjures up a scene of a watercolor artist sitting before an easel with a pure white canvas background. Brush in hand, colors and water jar ready, he sees the story he will tell with his strokes before the brush even touches the canvas. He knows the background colors he will use, where the focal point will be, and what the finished painting will look like.
Vision is very important to how we proceed in life, what we accomplish in the fruits of our labor and how we will be remembered. What we choose as a career, or not. Do we marry? How we raise our children and what the direction we point them in. How do we see our seasons of life? What does retirement look like? How do we weather the unexpected storms? Does our vision continue on without us, after we are gone?
I’m seeing fruits on different fronts, standing aside to watch seedlings bud and blossom, and creating new visions where life has provided an unexpected turn in the road.
“Where there is no vision, the people perish.” Proverbs 29.18, a proverb of wise King Solomon. When we have a vision, we have a focus, a direction, a plan, a path and hope to see it come to pass.
When opportunity knocks, will you answer or ignore it? If you really think about it, opportunity knocks every day. Today, I took an opportunity to meet someone new. I visited a new restaurant in my neighborhood and decided to sit on the counter. Soon after I was seated, another woman sat next to me. We started talking – that was the mutual opportunity seized by both of us!
Within a few minutes, we learned that we lived on the same street, but opposite ends. We both have 3 jobs, and we are both college professors. We had such a lovely time together, that when it came time for the check, out waitress thought we were together and gave us one check!
What opportunities are presenting themselves to you? I have one to share! I invite you to look at an opportunity to help women look more beautiful, to improve their self-confidence and health. AND, while you are beautifying the women around you, there is an opportunity to earn an income!
A chance to start a business from the comforts of your home, sharing healthy skin care, earning extra cash when products are purchased, and getting paid every Friday by electronic deposit on your very own debit card! I’ve been doing it for over 7 years, using and loving Apriori Beauty’s products, and sharing them with those who are interested. It’s my business, done my way, and it can easily be your business, done your way, too!
Here’s what you receive when you open the door to the Apriori Beauty Opportunity – a free website which is your very own online store, product samples, a free EPIC Instant Wrinkle Reducer, and much much more all for $49!
Welcome to Apriori Beauty! Here are three ways to make money:
I invite you to open the door of Opportunity with me and Apriori Beauty!
I’m just a “Contact Me“ away – send me a message and I’ll answer your questions and help you open the Apriori Beauty Door of Opportunity!
You are invited to come by and visit my New Apriori Beauty Online Store! Just launched this week, it is very smartphone and tablet-friendly, with all our safe skin care, beauty and health product information easily accessible, including complete ingredient lists and a comprehensive ingredient dictionary.
Apriori Beauty is dedicated to pure product innovation…..(Read More)
Ingredient safety….(Read More)
A Unique Cellular Age Advantage Nutrient Reservoir in each product….. (Read More)
And a Fabulous Use – Love – Share Business Opportunity! ….. (Read More)
I invite you to click any of the “Read More” links above and enjoy browsing, researching and shopping!
I’m Candy Dye, an Apriori Beauty Founding Independent Consultant, growing a National Team of Consultants ready to help you by answering your questions, personalizing product choices, discussing each product’s ingredients, use and results with you as my Client, and share the Consultant opportunity! You are welcome to contact me through my “Contact Me” button on the right side column, or through my website, for personal assistance.
I hope to be a part of your Apriori Beauty Future!
Soon the days of fighting toddlers to get them to take their antibiotics for an earache will be over! A new form and method of a single application antibiotic gel, applied directly into the ear canal, has been shown to be a treat inner ear infections completely.
“A single-application bioengineered gel, squirted in the ear canal, could deliver a full course of antibiotic therapy for middle ear infections, making treatment of this common childhood illness much easier and potentially safer, finds a preclinical study led by Boston Children’s Hospital in collaboration with investigators at Boston Medical Center and Massachusetts Eye and Ear. The findings were published September 14, by the journal Science Translational Medicine.”
I’ve been reading here and there about the health and beauty benefits of raw honey. In particular of interest to me have been the antimicrobial and healing properties raw honey provides.
If you’re interested in the culinary attributes of honey, Bev, from her blog “Honey Fanatic” shares the many flavorful and palate enhancing nuances of honey. I never knew there was so much to know about honey!
For personal care uses of raw honey, the site Personal Care Truth shares why honey lasts forever, and how to use it to enhance your beauty. Great article written by one of their cosmetic chemists, Lise M. Andersen.
If you try a honey masque, let me know how you liked it!
Need to find your peaceful place? When things start swirling around faster and faster, I begin to stress and sigh more. That’s when I know I need to find a peaceful place, for my heart, my mind, and my spirit. Today, I knew I needed to find mine. I like the mountains, as they help me know there is someone bigger than I am, who has everything under control.
Twice today, this Bible verse, found in the Isaiah 26.3, came across in my readings: “Thou shalt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee.” KJV
“People with their minds set on you, you keep completely whole, steady on their feet, because they keep at it and don’t quit. Depend on God and keep at it because in the Lord God you have a sure thing.” The Message translation.
He is my sure thing. I hope this helps you find peace in the midst of your storm today.
I’m conducting interviews right now, looking to add a partner with whom to share my day to day responsibilities, evening and weekend call. The job description I created states clearly what the position entails and the qualifications / qualities of the successful candidate are.
Now that a few candidates have been interviewed, I thought it might be a good time to add to my previous post sharing “Tips for Success in Your Job Interview”.
- Re and ReRead the Job Description. I highly recommend studying the job description, and visualizing yourself in the role. This provides a greater understanding of the point of view interview questions will be coming from, and allow you time to think of clarifying questions. You might also do an online search for descriptions of similar roles and how they function.
- Proofread your resume and cover letter for typos and grammar errors. Have someone who is a proficient writer also review and edit for clarity and polish. A good cover letter goes a long way in preceding your first personal meeting with a glimpse of your personality, intelligence, character, and heart.
- Come with additional resumes, letters of recommendation, or anything you think might be beneficial, but not overwhelming, to a first and second round interview. Offer them only if you see that it would be useful to do so, such as if there are interviewers present who have not seen your resume, you may offer them a copy.
- Jot down questions to bring with you to the interview. Practice these questions on someone who will provide honest and professional feedback. A question like “Why should I work for you?” may not be received very well if delivered in an overly confident way. Perhaps something along the line of “This position is of great interest to me. What will you offer as support for the new team member?”
- Really listen to the questions being asked and answer the question. If you don’t fully understand what is being asked, repeat the question in a little different way for clarification. Better ask for clarification than to respond to something that wasn’t being asked. Also, listen to what the interviewers are seeking to know. If you are asked how quickly you can arrive if called in, give the time it would take you if you hung up the phone and hopped in your car immediately. Then, follow up with a confirmation question asking what would be an acceptable length of time for arrival, in case you weren’t coming from home, you would know how far away you could be while on call.
- If you haven’t interviewed in awhile, by all means, practice with someone. Better yet, have them record your practice, and review how you come across together.
- When you’re asked to tell about yourself as the first question, you don’t want to spew volumes of your work history in great detail. Practice beforehand giving a one minute overview, highlighting accomplishments which would speak for your competence in the position you are interviewing for.
- While handshakes are good coming and going, they aren’t always necessary, and one that is too strong might not be received very well. If you’re going to shake hands, do so with the key interviewers.
- Always ask what the next steps will be, and the time frame for them. You may be the first to be interviewed, of which the first round process may take a few weeks. It’s good to know if you will be waiting a couple of weeks to hear for a second round interview, and who the second round will be with, so you can begin preparing right away. Make sure you let them know you are very interested in the position (if you still are) at the end of the conversation.
- Push in your chair once you have stood to leave. Thank the interviewers for their time, let them know it was a pleasure to meet them, and you look forward to hearing from them soon.
- Just like a good cover letter, a good thank you email later that day or the next morning will help solidify positive feelings about you, granted the interview went well. An excellent email thank you doesn’t require following with a handwritten note, unless it is of value as a function of the position.
If any of my tips help you, please come back to let me know!
According to the Mayo Clinic, the best sunscreen is one that you’ll use generously and according to label directions. Confused about the best sunscreen to use? Wondering whether sunscreen can be harmful? Lawrence Gibson, M.D., a dermatologist at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, offers the following guidance…
“Start by remembering the bigger picture when it comes to sun safety and what you can do to protect yourself. For example:
- Avoid the sun during peak hours. Generally, this is between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. — regardless of the season. These are prime hours for exposure to skin-damaging ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun, even on overcast days.
- Wear protective clothing. This includes pants, shirts with long sleeves and sunglasses. Top it off with a wide-brimmed hat. Also, consider investing in sun-protective clothing or using an umbrella for shade.
- Use sunscreen. Apply sunscreen generously and reapply regularly.”
Does the best sunscreen also have the highest SPF?
SPF stands for sun protection factor, which is a measure of how ell the sunscreen deflects UVB rays. Manufacturers calculate SPF based on how long it takes to sunburn skin that’s been treated with the sunscreen, as compared to skin that has not been treated with sunscreen.
Theoretically, the best sunscreen has the highest SPF number. It’s not that simple, however. When applied correctly, a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 will provide slightly more protection from UVB rays than does a sunscreen with an SPF of 15. But, the SPF 30 product isn’t twice as protective as the SPF 15 product. Sunscreens with SPF’s greater than 50 provide only a small increase in UVB protection.
Also keep in mind that sunscreen is often not applied thoroughly or thick enough, and it might be washed off during swimming or sweating. As a result, even the best sunscreen might be less effective than the SPF number on the bottle would lead you to believe.
Rather than looking at a sunscreen’s SPF, choose a broad-spectrum sunscreen that will protect you from UVA and UVB rays!
Help defend your skin against sun damage with Apriori Beauty’s Cellxoylin® Day Defense Plus, Broad Spectrum SPF 25 (Item #005).
Did you know eating nuts can calm inflammation in your body? Me either! I’ve always loved nuts, but viewed them as fat, to consume as little as possible or face the scales. The past few months, I have added nuts to my diet and haven’t seen the weight gain I feared, thankfully, love the feeling of fullness and added crunch and flavor in my snacks or by themselves. Along comes a new study with wonderful news of what consuming nuts can do for your health.
“In a study of more than 5,000 people, investigators from Brigham and Women’s Hospital have found that greater intake of nuts was associated with lower levels of biomarkers of inflammation, a finding that may help explain the health benefits of nuts. The results of the study appear July 27 in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.”
If you were asked to participate in the study, which nuts would you like to eat regularly? Almonds? Walnuts? Cashews? Pecans? Pine Nuts? I’m in love with cashews right now. Have bags of them stored in a variety of places so I never have to go far to ward off hunger pains with a quick handful. I’ve also found a great “Paleonola” nut mixture that I mix into my greek yogurt every morning.
“Population studies have consistently supported a protective role of nuts against cardiometabolic disorders such as cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes, and we know that inflammation is a key process in the development of these diseases,” said corresponding author Ying Bao, MD, ScD, an epidemiologist in BWH’s Channing Division of Network Medicine. “Our new work suggests that nuts may exert their beneficial effects in part by reducing systemic inflammation.”
Since increasing my consumption of nuts in exchange for cookies, I’ve not seen a major weight loss, and will be curious to see how my cholesterol and triglyceride levels will change when I have them drawn again in a few months.
“After adjusting for age, medical history, lifestyle and other variables, they found that (the 120,000 Registered Nurse) participants who had consumed five or more servings of nuts per week had lower levels of (inflammatory biomarkers) than those who never or almost never ate nuts. In addition, people who substituted three servings per week of nuts in place of red meat, processed meat, eggs or refined grains had significantly lower (inflammatory biomarker) levels, as well.”
What do you think? Are these results enough to encourage you to add nuts to your diet?
Excerpts and quotes taken from an article in Science Daily. com
I’ve been looking for shoes for comfort that look good on my aging feet. This has had me on a focused mission for the past few years. When I started to work full time again, taking a position that requires a lot of walking, while wearing a dress or business suit, it didn’t leave my size 12 wide feet too many options. Trying shoe after shoe that felt great in the store and for the first few days, I would always end up with discomfort in my toes, or have a difficult time keeping them on. There’s not a lot of style choices in size 12, so sometimes I would try to squeeze into an 11 or use adhesive heel supports to make a size 13 stay on.
When I came to a point where I was in so much pain, with numbness in certain toes, I went to see my friendly podiatrist. And my podiatrist is very friendly, and teach-y. He has tons of photos on the walls of his exam rooms so you can try to figure out what you have before he comes in. I found my hammer toes, with photos of pins stuck in the toes with the pin coming out of the top of the toe, and was pretty worried by the time he walked in. He had a great big cabinet filled with all kinds of foot and toe support thingys. Very odd shapes, and designs to be sure. He gave me a couple to try out, of which one works great, but I need a bigger “toe box” as he called it, in my shoes, and recommended a few specialty shoe stores that would have the styles I need.
I ventured to Sole Comfort in Newport Beach, where I met the very patient and kind Jerry who helped me greatly. The first shoe he brought out came with the announcement that this was a new shoe in the store and selling out very quickly. I tried them on, and could see why – they were wonderful!
The brand is A’rcopedico,
From their website:
“Arcopedico® is a high-quality women’s comfort shoe brand specializing in lightweight, anatomically-designed, arch- and circulation-supporting shoes that are hand-made in Portugal. Arcopedico® shoes are lightweight, colorful, simple, and with ageless designs are a versatile and smart choice for any woman’s wardrobe and lifestyle.
Arcopedico® footwear exercises the foot, strengthens the muscles, assists the circulation of the blood and ensures more comfort in walking.”
Jerry said they are a great shoe to walk in all day, but not a “walking shoe” per se, like if you are going to power walk or hike. He recommends a tennis shoe for athletic walking. The shoes I purchased are good to travel, walk on cobblestones and are great for all day. And they are! I really like that I can get a little extra walking in during the day without changing to tennis shoes. I was worried that they would look very orthopedic, but not too bad! Even though the toe box is roomy, it doesn’t look clompy like a frankenstein shoe, so I’m happy. Hope this helps someone with foot issues who is looking for a comfy shoe!
Longevity genes are genes involved in the regulation of cellular processes that determine cell health and lifespan.
For example, genes that dictate metabolic capacity and the cell’s ability to respond to stresses are involved with determining longevity at the cellular level. With recent advancements in genomics and the science of aging, research suggests that targeting genes involved with cellular processes can help increase longevity by preventing cell damage and disease. Longevity gene modifiers are an essential component of Apriori Beauty’s NutrientReservoir™. For example, acetyl-resveratrol is known to activate enzymes in the cell known as sirtuins that regulate several cellular processes including metabolism, gene expression, and immune responses. Research has shown that increasing sirtuin expression results in increased cell health and lifespan.
Jazwinski SM. Longevity, genes, and aging. Science 1996; 273(5271): 54-59.
Wood JG, Rogina B, et al. Sirtuin activators mimic caloric restriction and delay ageing in metazoans. Nature 2004; 430: 686-689.
Source: Apriori Beauty Science Center
Chanel’s Haute Couture fashions are reminiscent of the late 70’s early 80’s this year. Gaucho’s are back, with long jacket-coats, mostly in tweeds – coarse, fine, embellished and appliqued. Midi-length skirts are definitely there, as are squared and boxy shoulders, high sitting collars and drop waists. There is a feel of a Russian Cossack or two, and the thigh high black boot is everywhere. A few sparkles thrown in with some feathers and flounce, there was much overall body coverage to this year’s presentation.
Most of all, I really liked the runway setting within mock designer-seamstress-tailor open rooms, as the fashion designers worked away, while the models strutted by. Very nice!
Enjoy the show!